Wednesday, August 8, 2007

8.8 Misery all over

Today was a pissy day in New York City.

Basically there are 4 means of transportation here in NYC: subways, taxis, busses, and feet. On a lovely 96 degree, 96% humidity day like today, guess which one was the only one available?





Yep, feet.

Needless to say, I was not a happy camper (along with the other bajillion people in this city).


Not a good sign.
What is normally just a few people at a bus stop, today, were lines from one block to the next. And the streets were literally jam-packed with buses, most of which read "out of service." How fun!






At least people got creative. Like this guy, who soaked up the sweat with a makeshift paper towel bandana. Maybe next time I'll steal his idea and sell those suckers on the street. Might as well make a buck or two off of people's misery, right?




Maybe I should have done a little less of this (%$*!) and a little more of this...


No comments: